Friday, March 19, 2004

Online Poker in the Life of Pauly
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
I'm the walrus, for heaven's sake. Yes, it's been a snowy week here in the big city and I have been grinding it out on Party Poker almost every day playing NL $25 buy-in ring games. Iggy preaches how game selection is crucial in becoming a winning player. I found my tables. I'm not disciplined enough to play limit hold'em. I get bored too easily. Alas, my personality is more suited for no limit and so far I have been doing well, which has boosted my confidence.

This week, I had several small winning sessions. I figured out that I'm netting around $12 an hour this week playing No Limit. Not too shabby. Beats flipping burgers at Wendy's or serving cocktails to annoying NYC hipsters. Anyway, my goal is to win at least $63 a week to cover the entry fees to play in weekly qualifying tournaments for the WPT and the World Series of Poker. And this week I made enough to cover next week's tournament expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment