Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Getting Credit for the Hilton Sisters


Hanging with the Hilton Sisters at the Bellagio

CJ over at Up for Poker recently discussed the nicknames for certain starting hands in poker. Some of you know that I refer to QQ as the Hilton Sisters. Anyway... here's what CJ had to say:
Pocket Queens: The Hilton Sisters

As far as I can tell, this is a poker bloggers creation. Pauly has made this nickname more popular through his little contest. This hand has also been more traditionally called "Ladies." And until the recent tiger mauling, it was known as "Sigfried and Roy." I think Paris and Niki will hold this title for at least a little while.
Alas, I must clear the record. I never invented nor coined the phrase. As far as I know, Vince Van Patten, one of the hosts of the World Poker Tour often refers to QQ as the Hilton Sisters in episodes of the WPT on the Travel Channel. I did, however, beat the phrase to a dead horse... and helped boost the nickname during my Hilton Sisters Bounty Contest when I was away on holiday.

Great post from CJ. Congrats to fellow Chris Halverson and Bad Blood on Poker for winning the first contest! No one won the second one. Third one is upcoming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment