Friday, January 28, 2005

3 Day Hiatus

I will be taking the next 72 hours off from blogging. I've spent most of January sick as a dog and the last ten days stuck in front of the computer writing my ass off or playing poker online at Party Poker. I need a break from all things electronic and jump back into the real world for a few days. I'm planning to spend some quality time with Briana this weekend and catching up on reading a few books. Expect me back on Monday morning.

By the way, I'm looking for a literary agent. I have two novels that are worthy of being published. The other two are questionable and the last one... I'm still working on. If you know of any leads, or happen to work for a publishing company... feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks.

And lastly... I wanted to clarify something about my previous post. Someone assumed that I was "swearing off new blogs"... when it's not the truth. If a new blog is well written, I'll read it. If any blog is well written, I'll read it. I decided to cut back on my blog reading time and devote that time to other aspects of my life. I did my best to support everyone in this community by reading their blogs at least once a week (even those who don't have me linked up) and now I simply don't have the time to do that anymore. If that makes me a smug asshole... then so be it.

BG had some interesting things to say about my post. He actually expressed himself much better than I could have. Here's what he said that hit home the most:
Pauly's post the other day about not wanting to read a blog unless it was reasonably well-written was a sledgehammer driven version of the message I had been trying to convey on paper here for a couple of weeks. I think he probably came off a little more abrasively than he could have in what he said, but his point wasn't lost on me...

I understand Pauly's frustration. Blogs are such an immediate and personal art form that to see mediocrity continue to pop up is disheartening. And it's got to be doubly frustrating for people like Pauly, Iggy, and Hank (among others) who have dedicated their time, energy, and thoughts to creating unique and engaging content, only to see uninspiring poker blogs continue to pop up at every turn, looking for a piece of these guys somewhere along the way.
My blogs are my version of the Sistine Chapel. It's an extension of me. This is my art. I simply wish others took blogging and writing as seriously as I do. That's all I have to say about that.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment