Thursday, July 14, 2005

WPBT Tournament for Charlie Tuttle

Editor's Note: I know that I blogged this the last two days, but I'm gonna blog it every day until we get at least 500 people to play in the charity tournament on PokerStars!!

Charlie Tuttle is a dear friend to the blogging community and the best friend of Jason Spaceman. After a long battle with cancer, he passed away a couple of weeks ago. In honor of Charlie's memory, several bloggers set up a memorial tournament with all proceeds going towards a fund selected by Charlie's family.

I'd like to formally ask any new readers of my poker blog to sign up for the tournament. If you are an old time reader or blogger, you should spread the word about this event in newsgroups, poker forums, at your home game, and contact everyone in your address book. We have an opportunity to step up and do a great thing.

If you don't know the story... feel free to read: A Guy named Charlie.

Here is the tournamnet information (thanks to BG):
WPBT "Charlie" Tournament

When? 6PM EST Sunday July 17th

Where? PokerStars... Check under the Private Tournamnet Tab

How Much? $20 - every penny goes to charity

What Do I Get When I Win? The comfort of knowing you're doing something good for someone else. No, Really... No. Really.

All proceeds to go to wherever Charlie Tuttle's family wants them.

The tournament is open to bloggers and readers.
I already signed up to play. For $20 you can do an amazing deed. I will come up with a cool bounty if you knock me out and I will try to find something to give away to the winner. And yes, I'll be running a Hilton Sisters Challenege (QQ cracking AA) during the tournament. And if you don't have a PokerStars account... sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment