Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hump Day Pimp Day

This is barely a post compared to my two and three thousand word entries over the past three weeks. I don't have much time this morning since I'm going away on an assignment tomorrow, so I'll be quick.

The Travel Channel is airing the WPT Tunica, MS event tonight (check local listings) that Scotty Nguyen won back in January. Our buddy Gavin Smith also made the final table. In totally unrelated news... I was invited to cover Scotty Nguyen's Poker Challenge II in Tulsa, OK in mid-June. They even offered me a free room! I declined because I'm going to the Bonnaroo music festival instead.

I've been lurking on Party Poker over the past week. I'm making solid decisions and the variance has been tame which is why I booked 17 winning sessions out of my last 20. I played 10-20 full ring and 5-10 shorthanded 6-max all weekend. I even cashed out 1/3 of my Party bankroll after the weekend sessions. I scooped a monster in a six-way pot when I rivered a runner runner flush with AKs. I love chasing nut flushes and hitting on the river in LHE.

Spaceman is in Las Vegas covering the WSOP Circuit event at Caesar's Palace for Bluff Magazine. Check out his photos and coverage. Flipchip took some photos too and posted them over at Las Vegas and Poker Blog.

If you haven't looked at Amy Calistri's blog Aimlessly Chasing Amy, then what are you waiting for? I know Amy is married, but I would casually grope her in the hallways during the 2005 WSOP after drinking Red Stripes at the hooker bar with Otis at dinner break. That is when she wasn't getting hit on by former world champions.

My buddy BJ (who is pictured with me in the photo above) has been working on his website. Expect a guest post from him on the Tao of Poker in the future.

Lou Krieger has been keeping tabs on the Goodlate Bill on his blog. Take a look at what he had to say over the last few weeks.

Quest of a Closet Poker Player recently had an excellent post on Children and Poker.

BG wrote up a kick ass article on the Top 10 Best (and Worst) Hallmarks of the Poker Boom. If you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for?

The dudes at Wicked Chops Poker were just in Las Vegas. Read their trip reports.

Yesterday was Iggy's birthday! And it also marked the second birthday for Derek's blog... Poker in the Weeds. He had some funny things to say in his birthday post, so take a peek. In the immortal words of legendary music writer Lester Bangs, "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

By the way, I'm having issues with Haloscan, the folks who host my comments. They erased random ones and some are not even being published. The same weirdness happened on Tao of Pauly. Bare with me.

That's it for now. I'll have a special treat for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment