Saturday, February 10, 2007

Deep Stacks HORSE

AlCantHang mentioned this event and I'm here to pimp it:
Name: Riverchasers.com Special Event #1
When: Sunday February 11th, 2007 @ 2pm ET
Where: Full Tilt
Game: H.O.R.S.E Deepstack
Buyin: $24+2 or token
Password: riverchasers
I loathe Razz, but will do my best to play on Sunday. I happen to have a random token sitting in my FT account. I honestly can't recall how long it's been in there and when I won it. I'm assuming sometime in between Turkey Day and before I left for Oz.

Green... I played 5/10 Limit last night and turned a decent profit for the first time this year. The cash games on PokerStars are either tighter or softer depending on the table and what time of day. Friday nights tend to bring out the recreational players or weekend warriors while during the week before 6pm ET the 5/10 tables are filled with rocks who are waiting for 10/20 and 15/30 games.

Yellow... I've been afraid to play any big PLO games on FT or PokerStars. I dunno why. I regularly played the 5/10 PLO tables on Party Poker and held my own. I discovered that I came across Kirill Gerasimov a few times. I figured out his Party Poker screen name and he's in my poker tracker for a few hands. I guess he was slumming! He supposedly was killing the PLO tables on Party and pulling in testicle-numbing yearly numbers in the highest PLO cash games. I've been slumming at the low-limit HA tables (PL Hold'em and PLO) on FT, mainly because I don't have the roll (or the means to add to my FT bankroll) to handle my inner action junkie and the variance of PLO cash games.

Red... I dropped a buy-in at the 2/4 NL tables. It wasn't as brutal or quick for that matter when I sat with Otis the other night at 2/4 NL and he ran his K-K into A-A. Instead, it was a slow painful death for me. I missed a few flops with middle pairs and A-K. I flopped two pair with a junk hand but lost to a flush on the river and then had to fold K-K in a four way pot when an ace flopped. The only pot I won was when I jammed the flop with a royal flush draw and as called by a guy who flopped a set. I missed the royal but filled in the flush on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment