Tuesday, July 03, 2007

WSOP Day 32: Doyle's Eleven and Liz Lieu Tuesdays

By Pauly

Let's start off with a pic of Liz in honor of LLT!


By the way, when Liz sent me the photo, the file name was , "Lucky Orange."

Moving on...

I covered Day 2 of $10K Pot-Limit Omaha. There were plenty of big names left including Andy Bloch, Scotty Nguyen and Doyle Brunson. Scotty Nguyen had been having an amazing series with two final tables and a handful of cashes. He was trying to go deep once again. It looked like he was going to make a third final table when he busted two players on the same hand to take over the chiplead. However, PLO is a game where you can go from the chiplead to busto in a matter of seconds. Nguyen failed to make the final table, but a guy name Doyle Brunson did.

Brunson is seeking his 11th bracelet, which would tie him with Phil Hellmuth. At this point in his life, Brunson cares more about the bracelet than the money. He's in the twilight of his life and just in case something drastic happens to his health, I'm sure he'd like to win as many bracelets as possible so when he eventually dies, he'll be the all-time bracelet winner. There's no doubt that Hellmuth will win 15 by the end of his career and there might be one or two players who will overtake Brunson (Ivey and Cunningham), but Texas Dolly has his eyes set on #11. He has to get through eight more players to make that happen. He'll start the final table 5th in chips way behind the leader Tommy Ly. Robert Mizrachi held the chiplead for the majority of Day 2 until Tommy Ly went on a rush after the dinner break.
Event #50 $10K PLO Final Table:
Seat 1: Doyle Brunson - 510,000
Seat 2: Patrik Antonius - 650,000
Seat 3: Marco Traniello - 420,000
Seat 4: Rene Mouritsen - 775,000
Seat 5: Tommy Ly - 1,895,000
Seat 6: Jonas Flug-Entin - 445,000
Seat 7: Steve Sung - 175,000
Seat 8: Stephen Ladowski - 360,000
Seat 9: Robert Mizrachi - 1,090,000
Out of 314 entrants, only nine remain. Head over to Poker News to follow the final table action and find out if Doyle Brunson makes history once again.

* * * * *

Bouncin Round the Room on Day 32

"The hooker last night at the Hooker Bar was playing Keno," said Mrs. Otis who recanted her first experience at the place Otis and I dubbed The Hooker Bar. I met Otis, Mrs. Otis, and Change100 for a drink after my shift ended. The Tilted Kilt was closing up so we couldn't drink there. We decided to head to the secret bar instead. That's where I got my first quads at video poker for the 2007 WSOP. I drew two of them too.


A guy walked into the secret bar with a hooker and a flower in a vase that he obviously stole from a table in the buffet. I have no idea what he was thinking.

I walked past a cash game table in the Amazon Ballroom, and I spotted a guy sobbing. I couldn't figure out what was up. He had decent stack in front of him, but why was he crying? I wrote what I saw in my notes and chalked it up to random weirdness that happens in Las Vegas

Wish I could write more, but I'm out of time.

* * * * *

Don't forget to check out LasVegasVegas for Flipchip's WSOP photos and there's the Poker Prof's cool 2007 WSOP Info page.

And come back at the Tao of Poker for daily recaps and head over at PokerNews for live coverage and updates including chipcounts.

For all you fantasy sports junkies, check out our new site... Fantasy Sports Live.

Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment