Thursday, May 29, 2008

Almost the WSOP: Won't You Step into the Twitter

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

Well, well, well, the boozehound has returned. The WSOP doesn't officially start until tomorrow, but I figured that I'd sort of kick things off with an early pre-WSOP post.

As you know, I'll be writing primarily here on Tao of Poker in addition to a several posts a week on lasvegasvegas.com and a couple of feature articles for Poker News.

But I also have some other cool things planned for the 2008 WSOP. The first one involves Twitter. If you already have a Twitter account, you can follow me here.

If you have no clue about Twitter, here's a FAQ.

Basically, Twitter gives you an opportunity to get exclusive updates from me from my mobile device to your mobile device. You can also choose to follow along online at my twitter page or your own page (if you sign up).

Twitter is a free service and a new tool that I have been using over the last couple of weeks. For example, I used Twitter to give my friends live updates and setlists information at a couple of different concerts I saw.

So if you're bored off your ass in a meeting or stuck seeing the new Sex in the City movie with the girlfriend, then I'll brighten up your day with a personal text message telling you about Vinny Vinh's empty chair or the Last 5 Pros I Pissed Next To.

Pretty cool, eh? Tao of Poker and Twitter iare just one of the many different instruments that I'll be using at the 2008 WSOP. If you have any questions about Twitter, shoot me an email. But I will warn you now, Twitter is like cocaine or any other fun drug... its tons of fun and highly addictive.

* * * * *

In case you were wondering what's on deck for the next few days...
The First 5 2008 WSOP Events:

$550 WPA Mega Satellite
Thu, May 29th @ 12:00 PM
Structure Sheet

Event #1: $10,000 Pot-Limit Hold'em
Fri, May 30th @ 12:00 PM (3-Day Event)
Structure Sheet 

Event #2: $1,500 NL
Sat, May 31st @ 12:00 PM (4-Day Event)
Structure Sheet

Event #3: $1,500 Pot-Limit Hold'em
Mon, Jun 2nd @ 12:00 PM (3-Day Event)
Structure Sheet

Event #4: $5,000 Mixed Hold'em (Limit/NL)
Mon, Jun 2nd @ 5:00 PM (3-Day Event)
Structure Sheet

Event #5: $1,000 NL w/ Rebuys
Tue, Jun 3rd @ 12:00 PM (3-Day Event)
Structure Sheet

* * * * *


photo by flipchip - lasvegasvegas.com

By the way, don't forget to check out Flipchip's 2008 WSOP Photos. He was at the Rio the other day and already got a couple of sneak peaks like the one above.

Bouncin Round the Room... Flipchip told me that there's some obvious changes regarding corporate sponsors at the 2008 WSOP. Some of the old guard is nevermore. For example, Party Poker is no longer on the felt on each of the 2008 WSOP tables in the Amazon ballroom. The one-time ubiquitous Party Poker logo has been removed as the official table sponsor and replaced by an Everest Poker logo. I also heard an unconfirmed rumor that the current deal was for an amount lower than what Party Poker originally paid in previous years. Maybe Pokerati will spill the beans on actual numbers... that is if we can sober Michalski up to a point where he can do some digging.

* * * * *

Lastly, I wanna thank Mookie for hooking me up with a new logo on super-short notice.


Feel free to add any of these banners to your blog to help pimp my coverage of the 2008 WSOP. I certainly appreciate the help.
120x60 - http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2532224052_6f05f09ab5_o.jpg

240x120 - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2531406651_9609739b69_m.jpg

500x250 - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2531406651_9609739b69.jpg
Thanks again to Mookie. That's it for now, kids. See ya tomorrow...


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment