Saturday, May 24, 2008

CSauve Wins Saturdays with Dr. Pauly; Thwarts Three-Peat for Last King of Scotland

By Pauly
Hollyweird, CA

The Saturdays with Dr. Pauly title quietly rested on Scottish soil over the last fourteen days after ResdentEvil won two weeks in a row. He was looking for his third title while everyone else was trying to prevent him from winning... for a third week in a row.

We had a good turnout for a holiday weekend with 28 runners. The top 5 were paid prize money.
My starting table:
Seat 1: boscodon
Seat 2: Derek
Seat 3: CSuave
Seat 4: opticloop
Seat 5: USC55ND24
Seat 7: DrPauly
Seat 9: L0K1
I missed the hand, but LJ went out first and took down Gigli honors.

I nearly doubled up early on and leaped out to the front of the pack. I found Ad-Kd-Kc-4h and raised. AcerbicOne called. The flop was Qh-10h-7s. I fired out the pot and AcerbicOne called. The turn was the Jc and I improved with a Broadway straight. I bet the pot and AcerbicOne called. The river was the 6h. With an active flush out there, I checked and AcerbicOne checked behind. My straight held up against AcerbicOne's smaller straight and he mucked his hand.

Early on, Meeshelle busted vitobullets and chitwood on the same hand to take the chiplead with 8.5K. At that time, I was fourth with 3K.

ResdentEvil was eliminated in 17th place when Capt. Homer took him out. No three-peat for the Last King of Scotland as his marvelous run ended. I dunno if anyone can ever win back-to-back tournaments ever again. It's a tough feat for sure.

Just before the break, I flopped quad treys in four-way pot and got zero action. At the break, there were 14 players remaining. Meeshelle held the commanding chiplead with 9.5K. I was 5th in chips with 3.1K.

Shortly after play resumed, I flopped two pair and then turned a boat against Mr Nick UK. I got him to call a value bet on the river with an Ace-high flush. I dragged the 3.8K pot as I increased my stack to 6K. I was in second place behind meeshelle.

The final table seated rather quickly and I found myself third in chips behind meeshelle's 9K stack.
Final Table:
Seat 1: meeshelle (9030 in chips)
Seat 2: opticloop (5130 in chips)
Seat 3: Mr Nick UK (4575 in chips)
Seat 4: Capt. Homer (4155 in chips)
Seat 5: Astin (2010 in chips)
Seat 6: bayne_s (1625 in chips)
Seat 7: CSuave (3060 in chips)
Seat 8: L0K1 (6960 in chips)
Seat 9: DrPauly (5455 in chips)
LOK1 busted meeshelle as the two big stacks battled. LOK1 won their skirmish and took over the chiplead. I slipped to 7th with eight players to go.

CSauve and LOK1 traded the lead back and forth as I improved my stack to 5.5K. Astin was shortstacked for a while and held on for as long as he could until he bubbled out in 6th place when Bayne busted him with a straight.

When the money bubble broke, there were five players remaining. I was 4th in chips with 6.3K.

On the last hand before the second break, Capt. Homer was taken out by LOK1. At break, I was 4th out of four with 6.2K. LOK1 was chipleader with almost 19K.

When action resumed, I switched gears and aggressively went after orphaned pots. I won the first two hands after the break to move to second in chips. The lead traded hands from LOK1 to CSauve and even I held it for a bit as I ran my stack past the 16K mark.

Bayne bailed out in 4th place when he had his Aces snapped. I was in first with three to go. That's when I lost big pot which was the beginning of my demise.

I had Qd-7s-6c-4c in the big blind. L0K1 checked from the small blind. The flop was Kd-8s-5h. L0K1 bet 1,200 and I called. The turn was the Qc. He bet 2,400. I tried to win the pot right there and raised to 6,000. I wanted him to fold, but he re-raised all in. I had L0K1 covered. I was priced in and called. The river was the 7c. I made my straight, but L0K1 won the pot with a nine-high straight.

A couple of hands later, CSauve busted me in third place. I cashed in my third Saturdays with Dr. Pauly.

Once heads-up began, L0K1 had almost a 2 to 1 advantage... 27.2K to 14.7K. CSauve won the first hand of heads up to almost pull even. The two would slug it out for almost an hour.

They even had a A-A vs A-A situation. Both players were all in preflop with As-Ad-9d-3s vs Ah-Ac-Qs-5c. The board ran out Kc-10s-6d-Jd-8d. LOK1 was ahead preflop and rivered a Broadway straight, but CSauve rivered a flush to take it down. CSauve increased his stack to 29K.

CSauve won a big hand with a full house against L0K1's straight and seized momentum. A couple of hands later, it was allover.

On the last hand, L0K1 was out-chipped 5 to 1. Both players checked from the blinds. The flop was As-Qs-9c. CSuave bet 2,400 and L0K1 called. The turn was the 10s. L0K1 checked. CSauve bet 3,600. L0K1 called all in.

L0K1: 9h-7s-6s-2s
CSuave: 9s-8s-6d-3c

CSauve was ahead with a bigger flush. The river was the Qd and CSauve won the pot. L0K1 was eliminated in second place, while CSauve won Saturdays with Dr. Pauly. Congrats!
Week 17 Money Winners:
1. CSauve - $112
2. L0K1 - $67.20
3. Pauly - $44.80
4. Bayne - $33.60
5. Capt. Homer - $22.40
Congrats again to CSauve for winning this week. Thanks to everyone who played and pimped the event.

And yes, despite the fact that I'll be working the WSOP, Saturdays with Dr. Pauly will continue to run every single Saturday over the next seven weeks.

Hope to see you then. Until next time...


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment