Monday, September 22, 2008

Run Good 3

By Pauly
New York City


I pulled a Vinny Vinh on Saturday. No, no. I wasn't doing what you were thinking... smoking crystal meth inside a dumpster behind Bed Bath and Beyond.

Rather, I was at Yankee Stadium with Derek. It would be our last game at Yankee Stadium and the second-to last game ever held there. Tickets weren't cheap. They were a birthday present. I had a difficult decision to make... money or baseball.

I chose baseball and missed out on a shot at free money courtesy of PokerListings' Run Good Challenge Event #3.

Alas, I sat out. Posted and folded. But something magically happened. My empty chair went deep and finished in 7th place. I outlasted almost half the field including Change100. Since I had a 2nd and 4th place finish int he first two events, I finished up with enough points to qualify for the final event. Shamus won Event #3 and finished near the top of the standings.

Check out Matt's recap of Event #3.
The Standings
Shamus - 14 points
Dan Skolovy - 12 points
Amy Calistri - 8 points
Your Hero - 8 points
Michele Lewis - 6 points
Change 100 4 points
Spaceman - 4 points
Spaceman and Change100 have to play heads up for the last official qualifying spot for Event #4. That's TBD.

The final event will be held next Saturday. Although I'll be flying from Amsterdam to London that afternoon I expect to arrive in time to play. I'm crashing with Change100 and Gloria's rented flat in Covent Gardens.

Thanks again to the gang at PL for the invite.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment